5 Reasons Why You Lack Customers (and what you can do to get them)!
Social media platforms. Done.
Social media post. Done.
Customers? Nowhere to be found!!
Does that sound familiar? You are not alone on this matter! There are millions of business owners out there lamenting about lack of customers after spending so much money trying to make their business look like a business. But what do they get in return? Bills piling up, friends nowhere to be found and the only thing that can keep your business alive (customers) are not coming.
Before you throw your hands up in the air and say “I quit!”, kindly let me draw your attention to this fact.
There are estimated 7.5 billion people currently living on the surface of the earth, of which 2 billion people are active on Facebook monthly so there’s no doubt there are more than enough people out there who need exactly what you have to offer.
The question now is, if there are so many people in the world, why then do you still lack customers?
Well, I am not sure what your specific problem is since I don’t know you but through my work with power women who desire to build profitable brands online in the last 3 years, here are my top 5 reasons why you lack customers.
- You are “waiting” for them in the wrong location: I recently had to meet up with a friend at the mall. She told me to pick her up at “What in the World” store. Upon arrival at the mall, I went straight to “Who in the world” store hoping to see her. After waiting for 8 hours, she did not show up and I went home frustrated. Do you see anything wrong here? That’s exactly what happens when you are waiting for your customers in the wrong location. Your target customers, I’m talking about those that are the perfect match for your business, mainly spend their time on Instagram but you are busy chatting away on Facebook. How will they find you? If you want to have lots of customers, identify where they spend time and go and meet them there.
- You are not speaking their language: this reason always amazes me. I find it intriguing when I assess social media profiles of my clients and observe that the marketing language they are using is very different from the language of their supposed audience. For a buyer to be drawn to your brand enough to want to do business with you, you must speak the same language. Have you ever wondered what endears the heart of children to some of their favorite TV stations? It’s because they speak and understand the same language. If you want customers to come to you, come down from the mountain and speak a mutual language.
- Your sales process is too complex: this is yet another mistake that power women make. Complicating your sales process makes an already overwhelmed more indecisive and once they find someone that makes the process easy, there’s no reason for them to look at your face. I understand that sometimes when you are new in business, you want to do all you can to satisfy everyone in the marketplace but today, I’m saying “pick and choose”. Do not feel obligated to provide complex options. Give limited options and be upfront about any hidden charges
- You are a generalist: your target audience is not looking for Mrs. I Do it All, all they are asking for is someone that understands their pain and would give anything to make their feel better.
- You are yet to prove yourself: when you are new in the market, you need to prove yourself. Saying you can do something is different from doing that thing so this makes prospects skeptical. Also, money is hard to come by so today’s consumers are really shining their eyes before they dish out their hard-earned money to entrepreneurs. If only you can prove yourself, then they’ll gain confidence that you can do that which you promised. How do you prove yourself? Give your products for free if possible. If it’s too much to give for free, slash the price to draw customers in or you can have them test out the item for a limited time (car dealers do this) or offer the first month free.
Did any of the points/reasons jump out at you? Do you have specific questions as it relates to your business?
Again, like I said, I cannot address your specific situation but these reasons I identified about is a common trend that shows up in the power women entrepreneurs I deal with. If you want a personalized recommendation, you already know I’m just a click away.
Leave me a comment below.
Thank you for reading! Would you like to build a profitable brand online? Your opportunity is here!
#Passion2Profit 3.0 webvention is set for November 16-18 2017. 3 awesome days to totally transform your business and life all from the comfort of your home! Yes, distance is not a barrier. All you need is access to the internet from any part of the world. Register by October 10th, 2017 to be entered into a chance of winning start-up capital for your brand. For registration details, click HERE!!