HOW TO REACH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE WITHOUT SPENDING ON ADVERT
Starting this week, you might begin to experience a drop in the organic reach of your Facebook Page and begin to ask, “is this online game worth it, after all?” My simple answer to that is, yes! I started my brand online from humble beginnings and today, I can say, it’s one of the best things that has ever happened to me. If you are struggling to gain traction online and you are worried about this new Facebook policy that will potentially put you and your business in obscurity, I have good news for you. The good news I have is that there’s always a way to make a way and I will show you a way around it provided you are ready to implement these ideas.
Prior to proceeding, here’s an explanation of what organic reach means.
Organic reach is the number of people who see what you post on your Facebook Page. As a small business owner, it is not only enough to be on social media and post every day, it is ensuring that the right people (target audience) see your post and trust you enough to become your customers. Facebook has reduced organic reach over the years and is set to reduce it, even further and here are my top 5 ways in which you can reach your target audience online without spending on adverts
1. Share your posts on Facebook Groups: If you are not already doing this, you are leaving money on the table. Facebook groups are one of the best ways to get your message in front of the right audience and extend your organic reach. Before you share your Facebook page post to a Facebook group, read the rules or guidelines for posting on the group to make sure it is allowed. Each group has different rules and the right thing for you to do is to honor the rules of the group you are sharing on. Another thing you should also consider is the type of people the group attracts. You should share only to groups that have your target audience so your efforts are not wasted. I also have a Facebook group solely for women who own small businesses and you can join here if you are interested.
2. Build your email subscriber list: One of your focus as an entrepreneur is to constantly to for creative ways to get people to sign up for your email list. From a simple pop-up form embedded on your website to an ebook containing information your target audience can’t resist to hosting a giveaway, you can never go wrong by focusing on building a robust list of email subscribers.
Why is building an email list so important? Having an email list ensures that you can always reach your customers anytime you want to. The rules on social media are constantly changing and you do not have control over those rules. However, you do have a control over your email list. Most of the people who will provide you their email will do so because they believe you have something to offer and by them giving you their email, they are giving you the permission to send them inbox messages.
With email marketing, you can track the number of people who received your message, those who opened and those who acted. Also, email marketing is not affected by organic reach. If you send a message to 100 people, 100 people will receive the message in their inbox, unlike a Facebook Page where you can have 5000 followers and only 2% of that, if not less, sees your posts.
3. Build your chatbot: This is the next big thing in communication and marketing! What is a chatbot? The best way I love describing a chatbot is that it serves the same purpose as email marketing and not only that, it does so much more. Chatbots enable you to talk to customers in real time in their messenger inbox, helping you close more deals and making more sales. To set up your chatbot, go to manychat.com or chatfuel.com. I personally use manychat.com
If you are yet to set up your chatbot, you are simply leaving money on the table. As of today, chatbots are recording open rates of as much as 90% – 100% and the conversion rate is off the roof. If you want to see how a chatbot works, take a look at mine here. I provide great tips weekly to my chatbot subscribers and if you need help setting up your chatbot, contact Onpoint here.
4. Posts more videos: More and more people are favoring videos than having to read text and thus, organic reach for videos are higher than those of text. As you think about reaching more of your target audience, think about incorporating relevant videos that will capture the attention of your target audience into your overall strategy.
5. Use content marketing: Content marketing is how Onpoint Success has grown its brand. With content marketing, all you do is soft sell that draws your audience in rather than hard sell. Content marketing helps you build a relationship with your audience such that when you are finally ready to sell, they will be willing to buy from you.
If you follow these steps and implement the ideas, you’ll reach more of your target audience without paying for advertisement.
Thank you for reading. What other tip do you have? What challenges are you currently experiencing? Please leave a comment and share this post.
P.S. Did you know? Every Saturday at 4 p.m. GMT/10 a.m. ET, I host #OnpointBizChat, on my Facebook Page where I share loads of business wisdom. It’s a golden opportunity so don’t miss the next edition. Join me here!