Happy New Year!! At the beginning of each year, I come up with a list of the things every entrepreneur should stop doing. 2019 will not be any different but before I share the list, I will like to share the reason why I started creating the list of things every entrepreneur should stop doing.
As an entrepreneur who have worked with thousands of entrepreneurs over the years, I found out that what holds many people back are inherent habits. Many entrepreneurs do not attain the heights they truly desire not because they lack resources but because of the things they repeatedly do that impedes their growth.
The New Year is a perfect time to start on a new slate. It is a time to go inward. It is a great time I recommend that entrepreneurs think about the things theydo that have not allowed them to soar. The twist however is, sometimes, thethings that prevent most people from soaring are usually hard to notice. That means, you might be engaged in a behavioral pattern that is impeding your business growth, but you might not realize it. As you go through this list, be open minded so you can know which one applies to you and then adjust where necessary.[Read: How to Standout in theMarketplace in 2019]
- Worrying about those who cannot afford your products: The people you should focus on are those who love and can afford your products
- Being an information junkie: If you are the type that always learns but never implements, you are no better than someone who detests learning but always complains. Put your knowledge to use in 2019
- Ignoring wise counsel: If you seek counsel from a wise person, consider it even if it does not make sense to you.
- Following every movement: Trends are transient and cyclic in nature. What counts are your ideas and your ability to sell them to others.
- Complaining about low sales without having a sales strategy: If you don’t have a sales strategy, you might as well not complain about low sales.
- Serving customers shabbily: The only reason you can qualify to be a business is when you have paying customers. In 2019, start treating your customers like they are the best thing that ever happened to you.
- Being ungrateful: Ungratefulness is a repellant no matter how great you or your products are. Consumers will rather buy a mediocre item for a higher price when the seller is grateful than to remain a customer with an ungrateful person who sells for cheaper.
- Having a sense of entitlement to everything: Nobody owes you anything – not even your most loyal customers. To move forward in 2019, you may need to drop your sense of entitlement.
- Selling something people don’t need: No matter how great your product is, if no one needs it, you are bound to run your business at a loss. In 2019, think deep, conduct surveys and research to know if your customers need your product.
- Focusing on popularity over profit: The only way to pay your bills is when you make a profit from your business. Popularity will only earn you plenty of likes on social media. Choose your side
- Running a business you’re not skilled for: The fastest way to become irrelevant as a brand is to offer a service for which you are half-baked or not skilled for. Beware of being a quack!
- Ignoring customer feedback: Customers who provide feedback are your greatest source of learning. In 2019, ignore customers’feedback and watch your business go down the drain.
- Abeokuta Girls’ Grammar School Old Girls Association Set to Hold Its First-Ever Global Conference on April 16-19, 2020
- 7 Key Steps to Selling to and Converting Prospects to Customers
- 6 Lifestyle Blogs That Will Inspire You to Start Yours
- Useful Tips on How to Dress for Success
- Meet 9 Nigerian Beauty Vloggers Blazing the Trail on YouTube
Thank you for reading