There is nothing as exasperating as spending time creating content that people end up not reading. If you have not been in those shoes in your business journey, congratulations, you are one of the 1%. However, if you are among the 99% of business owners who daily struggle with getting their audience to engage with their content, you are on your way to joining the 1%.
Why You Should Care About Getting Your Audience to Engage with Your Content
Your content is the channel through which you can sell your brand to your audience. If you produce great content but hardly find people to read, then it simply means you are losing money. Getting your audience to engage with your content is a way of ensuring that your message is being heard. You can double and even triple your revenue just by getting your audience to engage with your content.[Read: How to Get Started with Content Marketing]
What Does “Engage with Your Content” Mean?
Engagement when it comes to content mean that your audience are open to actually reading and understanding your content. The number of “likes” or “comments” on your posts does not directly mean your audience
If people are just “liking” and saying words like “beautiful”, “nice”, “lovely”, it’s an indication that your audience are not engaging with your content.
Getting Your Audience to Engage with Your Content
If I told you that there is a set formula in getting your audience to engage with your content, I’ll be far from the truth. However, there are lots of ways you can get your audience to engage with your content and increase your revenue from such. I’ll share five (5) of such ways[Read: 5 Time-Management Tips to Help You Reach Your Business Goals]
- Establish Your Authority: if your audience perceive that you have no authority in your field, it will be hard to get them engaged with your content. Authority is everything. Establish it with your audience by providing value 100% of the times.
- Use attention-grabbing headlines: If you want your audience to engage with your content, make your headline attention-grabbing. One of the reasons you are probably reading this post is because the title attracted you. Use that same tactic when writing your content and watch your audience increase their engagement with your posts.
- Address the pain point of your audience: It is important that you highlight the pain point of your audience in your content. This is one of the ways to get them engaged with your content. Each time you produce content, picture your audience, think about their pain points and then go ahead and address it in your content.
- Provide solutions: It is not enough to address a pain point neither is it enough to know what the problem is. If you address the pain point, do not forget to provide solutions. Give your audience the reason to believe that you are the messiah to their problems.
- Include a call-to-action: This is the part a lot of people miss out when it comes to content creation. Today’s audience is already stressed and highly distracted, make them focus by giving specific instructions on how you want them to proceed. It’s called “call-to-action”.
Getting your audience to engage with your content is not something you can master overnight. However, as with most things in life, consistent efforts over time is what counts. Continue to hone in on your skills and pay attention to the types of content your audience loves. In no time, you’ll be on top of your game and your efforts will translate into big revenues.
Thank you for reading. Do you have other tips for content engagement? Please leave a comment below and remember to share this post with a friend