Oprah Winfrey, the billionaire media executive and philanthropist best known for her talk show “The Oprah Winfrey Show” is offering an all-expense paid opportunity for African Women to study at the New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
Since 1938, this school prepares public service leaders, so they can translate ideas into actions that have an effective and lasting impact on the public good. They work to provide students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer and a deep understanding of the context surrounding public service challenges. This school offers a comprehensive curriculum in public administration and nonprofit management and policy, health policy and management.[Great Read: Apple Launches “The Entrepreneur Camp” for Women App Developers]
If you are an African woman who is passionate about public service, want to make an impact and are interested in taking part in this program, here are a few things you must note.
- The full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses will be paid.
- You must commit to return to your respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where you can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
- This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your Fellowship application essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
Applications are due by December 2, 2019 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in early-to-mid February 2020.
Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment and remember to share this post with a friend.
P.S. Do you have a compelling story about your brand? Would you like to share your story with the world? Do you want to reach an international audience? Then, advertise with us and let us help you share your story with the world. Click HERE to get started.