This is 2019. It is the year of building profitable brands and how do profitable brands come to be? It is by putting strategies in place that will help you attract customers and reach your revenue goals. As a business strategist, one of the trends I have noticed about most business owners is that they have no real strategy for attracting customers. Most people have a great idea of what is they intend to or are offering, however when it comes to the real strategy of attracting customers, they are found wanting.
As a business owner, do you have ways of attracting customers and reaching your revenue goals? Or are you operating on hope and wishes? If you are the type that only depend on hope to build a profitable brand, I am afraid your dreams will only remain what it is – a dream. However, if you are the type that take the time to develop a real strategy on how to attract customers and reach your revenue goals, you are the real deal.
10 Proven Ways to Attract Customers
If you want to succeed in life, you need a strategy and since your business is part of life, you need a sound strategy to attract the right customer and reach your revenue goals. Below are 10 proven ways you can use in attracting customers and reach or even exceed your revenue goals.
- Cold c
alling: It doesn’t matter the stage you are in your business, cold calling can help you attract new customers and reach your revenue goals. Cold calling is when you create a list of people or other businesses who match the description of your brand persona or target audience but are yet to know about your business. The key to a successful cold calling campaign is to be sure that the names of people or businesses that make up your list are those who truly need your products. One important thing to note about cold calling is that you must not take a “NO” answer personally.
- Host an event: A well-planned event hosted by you is a great way for people to experience your brand before they commit to doing business with you. There’s so much power in one-on-one interactions and
- Build a ommunity: One of the best decisions I ever made in my business was to build a community (insert link). Building an online community at that time helped me attract more customers than I could have ever dreamed of or imagined. Today, the community that started with just four people has grown to over 13k+ people. This helped me to consistently attract new customers to my brand while also retaining the old ones and reaching my revenue goals.
- Write a book: Writing a book is one of the ways to get people interested in your brand and in the process if your message resonates with your readers, you can then convert them from prospects into customers. I’ve heard a lot of entrepreneurs tell me how hard it is to write a book and I wanted to share that writing a book does not necessarily mean that it must be lengthy or that you have to go through the rigors of print publishing. Prior to publishing my print book, I already published four (4) e-books and tons of content.
- Create a course: Like what a book does, creating a free course or even a low-end course is a surefire way of attracting new customers. The idea of creating a free course is to get people who would ordinarily ignore your brand out of no tolerance for risk to experience what you can offer. Many people who know about your business do not patronize you because they fear to take the risk.
- Form s
trategicpartnerships: Identify other entrepreneurs with whom you can form strategic partnerships with. For example, you can form a strategic partnership with a brand such that when customers purchase from them, they are referred to your brand and vice versa.
- Step up your c
ontentmarketing game: Content marketing can come in the form of your status updates, email marketing and chatbots. The most important thing to have at the back of your mind is that your content must be helpful to your target audience.
- Build a website: Your website is a tool that can be used to attract new customers. Many people go online to look up your brand long before they patronize you. Now, having
websiteis the beginning. You must also find ways to drive traffic to your website. One way to drive traffic to your website is by using search engine optimization such that your website is found in search results.
- Set up a reff system: Referrals are great ways of encouraging current customers to refer new one. Your current customers are mostly more than happy to send you new ones if you do an exceptional job and you appreciate them for it. Don’t expect your current customers to go all out for you. Instead, think of ways in which you can set up a referral system such that they can earn a token or reward for referring people to you.
- Volunteer to speak at a local event: Any opportunity for you to get in front of an audience that matches the description of your target audience is something you should take advantage of. This act will help you get noticed and can do wonders for your business.
Thank you for reading. Enjoying Onpoint Success’s posts? Be generous! Leave a feedback and share with a friend.