Google is Set to Shut Down Its Google+ Service. Here’s How to Delete Your Account
You may have already heard that Google is shutting down its Google+ service over the next 9 months but do you know the reason why? Well, one of the reasons why Google is shutting down the social network is because it never gained the type of traction Google expected it to.
In addition to that, a revelation made according to the Wall Street Journal showed that Google accidentally exposed the private information of hundreds of thousands of Google+ users over a period of three years. And rather than spending more money to fix what is not broken, Google has decided to discontinue the service. If you have a Google + account and would like to deactivate or delete it, here are step-by-step instruction on how to do that.
- Sign in to your Google account
- Go to Gmail.com
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner. If you don’t have a profile picture, click on the round button where you should have uploaded your profile picture in the top right corner
- A bouquet of Google services icons pops up including Google +. Tap the Google + icon
- Click on the settings tab on the left
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click delete your Google + profile
- Delete your Google + profile
- You are done
Deleting your Google + profile does not delete your email or any other service you are using with Google.
Thanks for reading. Do you have a Google+ profile? Are you planning to delete it? Please leave a comment and share this post with a friend.