The marketplace is getting increasingly crowded daily and if you truly want to build a profitable brand in 2019, you must learn how to stand out in the marketplace. If you stand out in the marketplace, it makes business more enjoyable for you because you’ll not need to struggle to get customers.
In the past, standing out in the marketplace was mostly centered around having quality products. While having quality products is a great way to stand out, in 2019, this will no longer guarantee that you’ll stand out in the marketplace.
To stand out, you need to go beyond just having quality products and understanding how the consumers want to be served.
In my business, I continuously focus on
- Put your heart into your business: If you put your heart in your business, it will make you stand out and consumers
willnotice it. The marketplace is crowded because many people are simply in business for the fun of it. If you put your heart in your business, it will show in the way you market your brand and how you deliver your services to your customers.
- Do more than talking: A lot of entrepreneurs talk about what they can offer but they do not have the capacity to serve the customers. Standing out in the marketplace in 2019 means that you are willing to do more than talking. It means you must do everything you can to ensure that when customers come calling, you can deliver on your promises.
- Do not bite more than you can chew: The easiest way to go into oblivion is to bite more than you can chew. I fell for this trap at some point in my business life. I offered too many services that led to stretching myself too thin and not being able to meet up with customer’s expectations. Thankfully, I rebounded from that situation with the help of mentors and coaches. If you want to stand out in the marketplace in 2019, reduce your offerings and do not bite more than you can chew.
- Raise your prices: This is the part that a lot of people are scared of. The reason is because they fear that if they raise their prices, they will losecustomers. This might be true but if you raise your prices and deliver topnotch goods and services, you’ll attract quality customers
- Incorporate convenience: The average consumers are busy and anything that will make their lives easier, they will gladly embrace and won’t mind paying a little extra. As you think about standing out in the marketplace in 2019, think of ways you can incorporate convenience in the way you serve your customers.
- Be transparent: One of the things that customers look out for in a brand is transparency. If your services are shrouded in vagueness and secrecy,be sure that customers will bypass your brand. It’s not enough to have quality products, your service delivery must be transparent and easily understood by your customers for you to stand out.
- Focus on the experience: People will forget what you said to them, but they can never forget how you made them feel. In 2019, focus on creating a memorable experience for every customer and watch how they’ll become your mouthpiece.
Thank you for reading. What other way do you think you can stand out in the marketplace in 2019. Please leave a comment and remember to share this post with a friend.